Please utilise this space to search this blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

San Sebastian - U2 @ the Anoeta Stadium

San Sebastian - (Spain)
26 SEP 10

Right off the bat let me say that I had an absolutely EPIC time in San Sebastian! I can assure you that the write up about that weekend will be making the blog relatively soon and I can´t wait to lock in those ´good times´ for the sake of posterity, integrity and all things hysterical. However, without any disrespect to Jay and Dina, the reason that I had San Sebastian on the agenda in the first place was because ´the boys´ were going to put on a show in this town and I simply thought, well when in Spain get yourself a dose of  ´Unos, dos, tres, catorce!´As for my perception of the gig, how I felt and how the boys played, well I´ll leave that until after I post this photos - you´ll understand why in a minute.



...Oh yes, I took this shot - U2 - Anoeta Stadium - San Sebastian

The Edge - Adam Clayton - Bono

The Edge - during ´Mysterious Ways´

Bono - during ´Mysterious Ways´


The stage at the Anoeta


Adam Clayton

The Edge and Adam Clayton - Intro - ´Return of the Blue Stingray Guitar´

LMJ - during ´I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight´


Adam & Bono

´City of blinding lights´


Bono - during ´Sunday bloody Sunday´

Adam Clayton - during ´City of blinding lights´

Close out - ´Moment of Surrender´

The Edge - during ´Mysterious Ways´

Adam Clayton

Bono on the charge - during ´Sunday Bloody Sunday´

Adam and Larry - intro - ´Return of the blue Stingrary Guitar´

The Anoeta



So there we have it, by far the best concert experience of my life. The band that I´ve grown up with over the last twenty years doing their thing in such a magical town, I really couldn´t have dreamt of anything better. I was on such an emotional high at the close that I wasn´t able to even give myself the opportunity of sitting still for the few moments necessary to survive the 5min cab or bus ride back to our apartment approximately 5kms away, I had to run.

Thanks to Dina and Jay for putting up with my U2 insanity over the weekend, you both made the experience that much better!

******* San Sebastian set list, just for my own sake!

San Sebastian Set List

Return of the Stingray Guitar
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Spanish Eyes
Mercy ** (Brilliant song - best song of the night)
[U2 Mercy Live - Wide Awake in Europe - Brussels 21 SEP 2010]
[U2 Mercy Live - from San Sebastian - 26 SEP 2010]
In A Little While
Miss Sarajevo
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On


Encore
One
Where The Streets Have No Name (OH YEAH!)


Encore 2
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender