Please utilise this space to search this blog

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Barcelona (SPAIN) - Vitamin SEA

Barcelona
03 SEP - 05 SEP 2015


Point to point travel yet again. Another morning, another desire to get from one destination to the next without ever considering what was in between, all those small places, all those hidden gems. Anyway, I'll leave the lament on the back-burner a little, it was time for Barcelona, Catalonian magnificence in a Spanish prison. I don't mean it like that either actually, I just liked the way the line came out, I have no idea of the history or the politics that generate that divide. It's just that my scattered thoughts for this destination kind of typify the way I was feeling about the whole endeavour at the time. It's freakin' BARCELONA right! It's one of the capitals of cool and I know its a mighty fun destination, having been there there twice before, once in 2008, and the next during their World Cup win in 2010. This arrival was a little different. A little more understated, a little more 'blah'.

What can I tell you, we saw what we were meant to see. We experienced Barceloneta, we took the cable car up to Montjuic and back down, we went to La Sagrada Familia, we 'ate the food, we drank the wine, everybody having a good time, except you. You were talking about the end of the world'. Having spent so much of my hard earned money on U2 albums, concert tickets, DVD's , t-shirts and all else U2 related, I think they can afford me that line for my own personal use and amusement.

So, I'm going to do this one more in photos. Your typical family holiday, done in a very typical way in Barcelona, nothing 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' about it other than the setting being the same.


Barceloneta - Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain


Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain


View from Montjuic - Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

La Sagrada Familia - Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

La Sagrada Familia - Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

La Sagrada Familia - Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain

La Sagrada Familia - Barcelona - Catalonia - Spain